Visceral fat is stored within the abdominal cavity. It is often deposited near essential body organs, such as the liver, stomach, and intestines. Although all fat secretes hormones, visceral body fat is thought to create a more potent inflammatory cocktail. Another theory is that the proximity to the portal vein leads to more damaging effects. Visceral fat has been positively linked to chronic inflammation, blood glucose problems, type 2 diabetes, breast cancer, colorectal cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, and heart disease.
Reduce unhealthy visceral fat:
- EAT ORGANIC – Your body uses fat to store pollutants that your body is unable to expel. Eating a diet full of whole organic, unprocessed foods decreases the onslaught of chemicals on your body, creating less need to store fat. Adding organic juices to your diet is a delicious way to infuse your body with healing nutrition.
- REDUCE SUGAR – Limit your intake of refined sugar that triggers increased insulin levels, converting a higher percentage of your caloric intake to fat storage.
- COLON CLEANSE – Adipose tissue assists in the toxicokinetics of pollutants. Especially in storing persistent contaminants that the body has not been able to expel. Colon hydrotherapy is a gentle, natural way to remove toxins and impacted waste (up to several pounds of it in some people) from the intestines. Colonics combined with a dietary cleanse or used alone can help lower the toxicity of your body, reducing the need to retain additional fat, resulting in a higher metabolism.
- REDUCE OR ELIMINATE ALCOHOL – Light to moderate alcohol intake has been linked to increased fat storage because your body burns alcohol instead of fat and adds additional calories to your diet that do not lead to satiety. There is also some evidence that suggests alcohol is specifically linked to increased levels of visceral fat, especially in women. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8653140
- SLEEP – Adequate sleep will help your body regulate hormones, reduce stress and heal. It also reduces your chances of overeating to generate more energy throughout the day.
- RELAX – Stress leads to increased cortisol and stress-induced binge eating. Reduce the effects of stress by making self-care a priority (remember that regular massage has been shown to counteract the negative impact of the stress hormone cortisol).
Want to defeat visceral fat and improve your health? Take the first steps by booking colon hydrotherapy and asking about our juice cleanse today.
Leave A Comment