Colon Hydrotherapy, also known as colonics, colon irrigation, or high enemas, is a safe and effective method of removing toxins from the large intestines without the use of stimulants.
Our clients have reported improvement from the following ailments just to name a few:
- Constipation • Chronic fatigue • Headaches •
- Bad breath • Gas • Arthritis • Brain fog •
- Swelling of legs • Tension • Allergies •
- Backaches • Brittle nails and hair •
- Circles under the eyes • Asthma •
$129 per session (includes health consultation)
Additives $20 each
Most people don’t fully understand the connection between colon health and general health. We provide colon hydrotherapy in a relaxing and comfortable spa environment so you are able to rid your body of toxins, achieve balance and maintain colon health.
Colonic irrigation removes deadly toxins, helps maintain health and encourages weight loss. By removing impacted waste, balance is restored to the body and you will experience a feeling of wellness and lightness.
A session typically lasts between 45-60 minutes and each session is completely private and discrete.
Our clients find the have reported best optimal results having 3 sessions within 10-21 days to achieve complete colon cleanse. However, we recognize this may not be everyone’s reason for colon hydrotherapy. We really take the time to assess your goals and will suggest a treatment plan that works for each individual.
CHT How to Prepare
Before a colon hydrotherapy session (colonic):
- Dress comfortably, a two piece-outfit is ideal.
- Drink a lot of water – preferably room temperature, not ice cold.
- 24 hours before your treatment: NO RED MEAT and very limited, if any, cheese, pasta, coffee, or energy drinks.
- Having a bowel movement prior to your session is certainly not essential but if you do feel the need to do so, emptying the rectum with a bowel movement just prior to the colonic saves time and permits more to be accomplished.
- For a day or two before and after a session, we suggest drinking lots of filtered water, herbal teas, and fresh juices; along with eating fresh, organic and seasonal vegetables, fruits, whole grains, soups, and lighter proteins. Eating this way will naturally create a healthier intestinal cleansing atmosphere as well as reduce the possibilities of both excess gas build-up and delay in resuming your proper elimination function.
- The following are some examples of healthy, cleansing foods to include:
- Herbal teas – chamomile, dandelion, green, peppermint
- Fruits – apricots, bananas, blueberries, figs, grapes, melons, oranges, papayas, peaches, pears, prunes
- Protein shakes – whey, hemp, rice
- Proteins – fish, poultry, tempeh, tofu, seeds
- Juices – vegetable and fruit
- Vegetables– preferably seasonal, beets, celery, cucumber, lettuces, parsnips, squashes, sweet potatoes, sprouts, yams; leafy greens such as collard, kale, lettuces, mustard, Swiss chard, watercress, parsley
- Seaweeds – dulse, kelp, kombu, nori
- Whole grains – amaranth, barley, basmati rice, long grain brown rice, buckwheat, millet, quinoa
- Bread (if you must) – Ezekiel, gluten-free or manna
What to Expect
Colon Hydrotherapy is not a cure, but a valuable procedure used to assist the body for a wide variety of different colon-related conditions. It can help with the natural process by re-toning the bowel wall and improving the function of your colon. As a result, your entire body is able to function more efficiently, you will have more energy, and might notice bloating and inflammation reduction in the stomach area.
How it Works
About our “Open” System for Colonic Hydrotherapy
Tony Robbins, world-renowned motivational speaker, states:
“The LIBBE Hydrocolonic is the Rolls Royce of colonics”
LIBBE= Lower Intestine Bottom Bowel Evacuation System
We are one of the few locations in San Diego County that offer the LIBBE device, which provides privacy (if needed) and dignity while offering the client a more relaxing, safe and comfortable treatment session.
The LIBBE is a comfortable, form-fitted table with a basin set into it, on which you rest comfortably. Water flows from a tank gravity system set in the cabinet on the wall alongside the table. Temperature controlled water flows through a carbon filter, which removes sediment, rust, and chlorine then goes into the water tank. The water is then pumped up into the water column. The water flow from the gravity-fed column is controlled by a flow control knob, which you are able to operate on your own. The water is purified before it passes through the small rectal tube by an ultra-violet light filter.
Once the water flow is turned on, there is no need to interrupt the cleanse. Your colon will gently take in as much water as it can tolerate. When you feel the need to evacuate, you simply release. Because of the continuous water inflow and release during your treatment, your body’s own muscles are used to provide a more natural, gentle release. At the same time, the peristalsis (action of the muscles of the colon) is greatly stimulated and this provides an excellent workout for the colon.
One of the greatest things about the LIBBE system is the aspect of having your privacy. The therapist will explain the system and instruct you as to how to get properly set up for the procedure, and then she will leave the room while you prepare. The speculum used is about the diameter of a pencil and is inserted about 1-2 inches into your rectum. Most clients can easily perform this insertion on their own. A gown is provided for you to cover yourself and then an easy access call button alerts the therapist to return to the room to get the system started for you when you are ready and the therapist can assist you and answer questions as needed. She will check in to make sure things are going as expected, but she can also step out of the room to give you privacy to perform your functions on your own. To ensure maximum sanitation, we use a new disposable speculum/rectal nozzle for each client.
Please Note: While the Open System is designed to give you as much privacy as you need. Our Therapist have dedicated your entire appointment time to you. They can be in the room with you to assist and help you through your session as much as you need them to be.
About our “Closed” System for Colonic Hydrotherapy *Only available at our Otay Ranch location
The client is lying comfortably on a table, a sterile disposable speculum is self-inserted into the rectum. The therapist is in the treatment room throughout the duration of the treatment, who controls the flow of water. Water flows in the colon via a small water tube and out through a different tube called a waste tube which carries the impacted feces, mucous, and toxins. When slight pressure builds up in the colon, the water can release. As water is flowing out through an illuminated glass viewing tube, the client can view their elimination, this allows you to interpret what issues may be present in the colon. This process is repeated during the approximately 35-45 minute session. Clients wear a gown for privacy, ease, and comfort during the session. To ensure maximum sanitation, we use a new disposable speculum/rectal nozzle for each client.
What is a Libbe Colon Hydrotherapy open system?
The Libbe device open system is considered to be the Rolls Royce of Colon Hydrotherapy treatment devices, providing more privacy, dignity, and efficacy whilst offering the client a more relaxing, safe and comfortable treatment session. This system allows the client and or qualified colon hydrotherapist more control of their treatment.
One distinct advantage with the Libbe device is the pencil-thin rectal tube, which clients find extremely comfortable. One of the key factors is that your privacy is protected at all times since the specially designed bed allows you to easily insert the lubricated thin rectal tube by yourself. Many people find this deeply reassuring and comforting.
Once the water flow is turned on, there is no need to interrupt the cleanse. Your colon will gently take in as much water as it can tolerate. When you feel the need to evacuate, you simply release. Because of the continuous inflow and release during the treatment, the body’s own muscles are used to provide a more natural, gentle release. At the same time, the peristalsis (action of the muscles of the colon) is greatly stimulated and this provides an excellent workout for the colon.
Because of the nature of the LIBBE device, the qualified colon hydrotherapist does not need to be there with you all the time. This affords you as much privacy as you may desire.
What exactly is the difference between an open and closed system?
You may hear people using the words “open” and “closed” when referring to colonic equipment. Eco Chateau is lucky to offer BOTH systems to all of our wonderful guests! The best way to describe the difference between the two is that on the open system you have the ability to push just like during a normal bowel movement. With the closed system, your body’s natural peristaltic movement (the contracting bowel) eliminates waste through a hose the size of your rectum. Some people believe that on the closed system the equipment is sucking the waste out. This is untrue. You may wonder if one system is better than the other; the truth is that it merely comes down to preference. Both systems are equally effective. You just need to choose the right system for you.
What we have found here at Eco Chateau is that clients who have NEVER experienced Colon Hydrotherapy before like to try the OPEN system first to introduce their bodies to Colon Hydrotherapy.
You can discuss further details during your consultation with your therapist.
Benefits of the OPEN SYSTEM (Offered at both our Mission Valley and Sorrento Valley locations)
– You have the ability to push, which many find to be more comfortable.
– You have the option to be given privacy if you prefer to be alone. *We have a call button you can push at any time for the therapist.
– You spend less time (or none) in the restroom afterward, compared to the closed.
– This system is ideal for those with constipation issues.
– Smaller insertion tube
– This system is ideal for new clients.
Benefits of the CLOSED SYSTEM (Currently only offered at our Otay Ranch location):
– This system is optimal for those who have easy-flowing bowel movements.
– Water tends to flow higher up into the colon.
– This system requires less of the client; because you can’t push, the therapist does all the work for you.
– Some feel that because all waste is contained within the speculum and waste line that the closed system is less “gross” (less odor and less noise).
Is Colon Hydrotherapy painful?
Only in the case of an impacted colon, you may experience a slight discomfort. Some cramping may occur as the colon contracts to expel waste, as well as nauseousness from toxins leaving the body. Once the major impaction is removed, you will find the session pleasant and relaxing.
Will laxatives accomplish the same result?
Laxatives empty the colon short term but are an irritant to the body and eventually weaken the body’s natural ability to defecate. Therefore, the body produces a thin watery substance that goes through the colon and leaves behind impacted toxins and waste. Colon hydrotherapy uses pure water and does not irritate the body. One of the tremendous benefits is that it actually hydrates the body.
Is there a special kind of water used for Colon Hydrotherapy?
We use highly filtered water which passes through four separate filters before being heated to the correct temperature. This filtered water is capable of absorbing and flushing more toxins out of the colon because of its drawing effect on solid particles, chemicals, and other matter.
How is Colon Hydrotherapy different from enemas?
Enemas are good to clean out the sigmoid and rectal areas of the colon, which extend to about 1ft. A series of colon hydrotherapy treatments can clean out and remove impacted material from the whole colon which is 5-5 1/2 ft long. Additionally, colon hydrotherapy promotes peristalsis and helps the colon muscles regain tone, therefore, assisting the return of regular bowel movements.
How do toxins accumulate in the body?
Toxins accumulate in the body as a result of stress and/or consuming too much acidic food, such as sugar, white flour, caffeine, and alcohol. When the bowel becomes unnaturally acidic, it attempts to protect itself by secreting a glyco-protein substance that lines the entire intestinal wall. This is known as mucoid plaque. This substance is what makes it hard for the body to absorb vitamins and nutrients, which could result in chronic malnutrition. When the bowel becomes toxic, it contaminates the blood, which in turn, spreads the toxins to the heart, lungs, brain, muscles etc as it is delivering nutrients throughout the body. In the end, the liver is left to deal with toxic blood, and after years of relentless toxicity, it will become sluggish until it will no longer function. At this point, the toxins will begin to collect in other parts of the body. Disease will manifest wherever they settle. Overall, cleansing allows you to remove accumulated mucoid plaque in order to rebuild your bowel and your liver and protect yourself from disease.
Can you describe what a healthy well functioning bowel is?
When one feels the urge to eliminate and immediately honors the urge by a trip to the toilet, elimination is quick and painless and will feel complete. Stools are almond in color (medium to light brown), have very little odor, are one large piece and will either float or break up in water.
How many daily movements does a healthy bowel have?
A healthy bowel may have 1-3 bowel movements daily, depending on what you eat.
How does Colon Hydrotherapy affect the bacteria balance in my body?
Colon hydrotherapy does not flush all good or bad bacteria out of the body. Once toxins are removed from the colon, the beneficial bacteria have a cleaner habitat facilitating their reproduction and multiplication, therefore achieving a positive bacterial balance.
What are the signs or symptoms when we first begin to omit toxic substances and begin to clean out the colon?
When a regular diet of stimulants such as coffee, tea, alcohol, sugar, and others are eliminated from your diet, some clients comment about having headaches, flu-like symptoms and even mild depression. At this stage of a detox, cleansing through Colon Hydrotherapy helps to flush toxins are out of the system, which is why many clients find optimal results with 3-4 sessions for the first 2-3 weeks.
Is it possible to have colon hydrotherapy treatment during my period?
Colon Hydrotherapy is perfectly safe during this time and will help decrease the cramps and the bloating accompanying the menstruation. Since this is already a natural cleansing time for women some even schedule their colonic during this time of the month.
How will we know when the colon is empty?
The colon will probably never be empty, as it is an organ in continuous use. As more of the impacted material is released clients comment on feeling the water enter higher regions of the colon without any sense of obstruction. The objective should not be an empty colon, but rather a well-functioning colon.
Is Colon Hydrotherapy habit forming?
No, colon hydrotherapy is not habit forming. On the contrary, one of the features of colon hydrotherapy is the toning of the colon muscles, which helps in maintaining and resuming regular bowel movements.
What preparation do I need to do prior embarking on a colon hydrotherapy treatment program?
We will provide you with an easy to follow dietary regime to best prepare you for the treatment. No fasting is necessary prior to a treatment, and the few dietary adjustments we recommend will greatly enhance the results of the program. We believe these are very important and we encourage you to commit and to follow them in order to get the maximum benefits from the course of treatments.
After a session, how might I feel?
You will leave your treatment session feeling rebalanced, lighter, rejuvenated, and re-energized.
Will Colon Hydrotherapy make me constipated or give me diarrhea?
Many clients have experienced a slight delay in bowel movements after therapy and then a resumption of a somewhat larger, easier to move stool.
2CHT Did You Know
Did you know?
- Today, the most common health complaints are disease and functional disturbances of the digestive organs. Approximately 90% of all visits to the emergency room deal with digestive issues.
- In the January 11, 1999 issue of USA Today “it‘s said that according to the autopsy, John Wayne had 40 pounds of impacted fecal matter in his body at death. Elvis reportedly had 60 pounds”.
- According to the FDA, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is second only to the common cold in causing days missed from work. In the United States alone, 10-15% of the population suffers from IBS.
- Americans spend $725 million on laxatives each year.
- In recent years, an estimated 130,000 new cases of colon and rectal cancer will be diagnosed. Of this population, approximately 44% will die as a result of the disease.
- Colon cancer is the second leading cancer killer in the United States.
- At least two million Americans suffer colon related diseases and approximately 100,000 colostomy surgeries are performed each year.
- The incidence of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) has reached almost epidemic proportions. In the last decade alone, a 300% rise in middle-aged patients with ileostomy and total colostomy was seen.
- Many experts now believe that the average person has 5 to 20 pounds of accumulated waste in their colon, contributing to major weight gain.
- Vegetarian Times on March 3, 1998 reported, “Of all the polite topics of conversation, the state of one’s intestines is probably at the bottom of most people’s lists. Let’s face it: Irritable Bowel Syndrome, constipation, gas, diverticulosis, colon cancer are simply not things we like to discuss. And yet, as the old expression goes, death begins in the colon. Don’t believe it? Ask any coroner, autopsies often reveal colons that are plugged up to 80% with waste material.”
$129 per session (includes health consultation).
Additives $20 each
Please be aware that a $40 cancellation fee applies to last minute cancellations (less than 24 hour notice) and “no show” appointments.